Monday, November 28, 2016

#LighttheWorld

November 28, 2016

Hello Everyone! 

Sorry, not too much time today! So much has happened this week!! I wish I could just tell you all of the miracles we witness each and everyday as missionaries! The gospel is true and the Lords hand is most definitely in this work. I am developing a new sense of urgency to go forth and to share the gospel as my time is growing short as a full time missionary. 

Deborah was able to go to the temple for the first time this week to be baptized for her mother and father. She had an incredible experience and expressed so much Joy. It has been one of the greatest testimony building experiences as I have been able to witness the gospel of Jesus Christ change Deborah's life. As I have seen the light and joy that has come into her life from the knowledge of the restored gospel. My own testimony has grown so much as I have been able to reflect upon the things I know to be true. On Sunday sister Mattinson and I had the opportunity to teach relief society all about how "there shall be no more death". We taught the plan of salvation and testified that Jesus Christ LIVES, and that it is through him that we are able to have eternal life. The knowledge of this gospel is most precious to me and I know and I bear witness that it changes lives. It has changed my life. I am so grateful for and love my Savior Jesus Christ. The reality of the resurrection of Jesus Christ is incomprehensible. I know that there is a purpose to life, we are all on the path back to make it home to our Heavenly Father to enjoy the blessings of Eternal life. The purpose of this life is to come to know God and Jesus Christ and to one day return home to live with them again. I find so much hope in the Atonement and Resurrection of Christ. It is because of him I WILL forever be reunited forever with those I love... especially my Grandma. 
There are so many of our brothers and sisters who are feeling lost, confused, and hopeless. It is our privilege and responsibility to reach out in love and serve them... help them... and teach them of the truth that brings so much light, love, and peace into our lives. As we follow and emulate Christ's loving example he will lead us to those who are seeking him and we will be blessed in sharing the JOY of the gospel. Especially this Christmas season. So my dear friends and family, let us go forth and LIGHT THE WORLD. There are so many who are in darkness and need the light! 

"An understanding and testimony of the resurrection can give you hope and perspective as you experience the challenges, trials, and triumphs of life." 
True to the faith 

Have a wonderful week... I will see you reeeeaaal soon!! Thank you for all of your love and support!!  

Love, 

Sister Parke 
My sisters!

Temple day for Deborah :)

Making cookies with some of my favs!



Yum!


Cooking again on Pday! 


Getting cold again here in Chicago!



No comments:

Post a Comment