Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Family and Friends! 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! 

This week has been very eventful! Amazing things are happening here in Chicago Heights. Sister Mattinson and I have been working hard to just forget about ourselves and go to work serving others. We have spent a lot of time this week in reaching out to members to serve them and ask for referrals. There was a training for missionaries about how to utilize technology and missionary work. We are very excited to begin implementing these new ideas and we have already seen success from it! I am so grateful for the tools the lord has provided to help hasten this work!

Deborah is doing so good! We had the opportunity to go with her to the family history library with the family history consultant in our ward and search for her family names to take to the temple! She now has the papers ready to go to the temple and do work for her mom and her dad. She was OVERJOYED, and was crying nearly the whole time. She has told me countless times that she has prayed to know how to save her family, and she has now found the way! She met with bishop and got her temple recommend and she will be going with the Johnsons on Tuesday. She is SO EXCITED. I was pretty upset that I can't go because of the new policy change that missionaries can't go to the temple with their recent converts.... but I guess it's just one of those things that even if you don't understand the reasoning behind it you just gotta suck it up and go with it. I am sure she will have a wonderful time with the Johnsons! I can't wait for the day to actually go through the temple with her! I love Deborah so much! She is such a great member missionary! 

We had a lesson with Van this week right after church. Deborah was there and so was our high priest group leader-who has already made great friends with Van!- We had a great discussion about the restoration of the priesthood and how God has once again reached out to his children through prophets and has provided us the Book of Mormon. It was a very powerful lesson as Deborah and Brother Knox were there to help teach and testify to Van that he was on the right path and that the gospel would provide him the peace that he is seeking. It was so wonderful, I know gods hand is in this work! Van is progressing very well and is preparing to be baptized. We talked a lot about conversion and what it truly means to be "converted" and that requires sincerely repenting of sins and turning our life over to the Savior. Having Deborah and Brother Knox there made all the difference in the spirit of the lesson. You could tell that their own testimonies were strengthened from helping to teach Van! Missionary work is THE BEST.  

As missionaries we have coordinated a "movie night" before thanksgiving for members to bring their friends to, and for our investigators to come and to feel the spirit. We will be watching "Ephriams Rescue", I know it will be powerful and will help remind us what to be grateful for! Van is planning on coming and is going to invite his friend to join with him! 

We are really having a hard time getting investigators to "stick". Nic and Chelsea never got back to us. It makes me so sad when I know they have felt to spirit yet they choose not to accept it. The agency of others can often times be frustrating... but we can't let it make us become discouraged! Discouragement weakens faith! So sister Mattinson are continuing to work hard and doing our best at being exactly obedient and the lord always provides miracles.  

I have been reflecting this week upon the things I am grateful for. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers every prayer. I am grateful for the knowledge of knowing my divine potential that I am a daughter of God and that through the gospel of Jesus Christ I can return to live with my Heavenly Father once again. I am thankful for the LOVE I feel each and everyday from the Lord and also from the people I serve. I have found so much Joy and happiness in sharing the gospel with others. I am grateful for the opportunity to repent, and for heavenly fathers patience with me. I am thankful for my savior Jesus Christ and that the ability to change is made possible through him. I am grateful for the peace that I feel and for the light that the gospel brings. This gospel has changed my life and it is a privilege to be a witness of it changing others. 

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING eat lots of Turkey! Thank you for your love and support!!! 

Love, 

Sister Parke 
Exchange with Sister Sufia!

We are practically doctors... -spiritual doctors- 😂


Family History work with Deborah!

#photocred awesome senior missionaries.

Discussion with Van and Deborah

Van. Brother Knox. And Deborah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment