Monday, November 7, 2016

GO CUBBIES!

Hello Family and Friends!

CHICAGO CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES. Just if you didn't know. Kind of a
big deal here in Chicago! 👏🏻🎉 first time in over a hundred years!
First week of last transfer flew by. I am soaking up the warm weather
and loving every minute perfect finding weather! Which is what we have
been doing a lot of this week. A lot a lot of finding. Finding through
members.. Finding at stores.. Knocking on doors.. Pretty much finding.
We talked to a lot of people and witnessed a lot of moments of "being
at the right place at the right time."

On Sunday we met with the bishop trying to figure out new area
boundaries. Elder Rowe and Elder Cabrera make an AWESOME
companionship! They are definitely an "A team" I am looking forward to
working with them. Our ward mission leader is incredible and is so on
top of things. We are working closely with our ward leaders and have
gained great relationships and trust with them. We are working
together in unity with the elders, senior missionaries, and ward
council to go out and find the lost sheep! It is a process but we are
finally starting to see some of the fruit!

I am so grateful for sister Mattinson and for her love and patience
with me. I have grown to love and appreciate her hard work and
diligence. She is such a good example to me. We are working hard.. It
can be discouraging at times because people have their agency. For
example.. Practically all of our appointments fell through this week.
But we make the most of it and God places miracles in our path! We had
an investigator come to church this week! His name is Van, we found
him when we were out tracting. His wife suddenly passed away of cancer
in July. He has been very lonely and has been looking to get back into
church. Lo and behold the missionaries come across him! God has so
many children who are prepared and need the gospel! At church on
Sunday, one of the members asked him if he was investigating the
church. He said, "I'm going to join this church!" We have a lesson
with him this week and we are going to invite him to be baptized for
"white Christmas!" I am very excited.

It has been really neat experience reflecting on the person I have
become on my mission. I cannot begin to count all of the many things
the Lord has taught me out here. If I had to narrow it down to a
specific few, I would have to say that it has been a strong burning
testimony that I KNOW THIS GOSPEL IS TRUE. I have had the privilege of
serving the Lord and as I have done so my testimony has been
strengthened. Coming out on this mission was a hard decision for me,
but it was easily the best decision I could have ever made. I thank
the Lord every day for the opportunity to take this time to serve him,
to give him all that I am.. And to have him shape and mold me into the
person he needs me to become. I have learned what it means to place
all my trust in the Lord.

Thank you for your love and support! Happy November!! Have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Parke
MY FAV!

My life.

Pday on Halloween..couldn't go out so we stayed in....

and made Sugar Cookies!! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment