Monday, May 9, 2016

Stronger Through HIM

Hello there family!!

It was so good to talk to you yesterday!! The time went by so quickly,
however I cherished every moment!! I am so happy to know you are doing
well and it provides so much comfort to me knowing that the lord is
watching over and blessing you while I am away. Hopefully mom- you had
a good Mother's Day!! I sure missed spending the day with you.. But it
was a special treat being able to talk even just for a little bit!

Well, this week has kinda been a blur. I have been really bad at
recording and writing down what has happened. Oops. Haha I guess I
just figured I would tell you about it in the phone call! (; buuut
anyways I'll try and catch ya up on the gist of this week!

We had a district contacting activity that was very successful. Sister
Webber and I were in charge of putting together a banner for Mother's
Day. We took it to a train station and hung is up on the wall and had
people write one word on it to describe their mothers. It was SO COOL.
A lot of people stopped to talk to us and we were able to pass out
quite a few pamphlets and teach people about the plan of salvation. It
made people so happy to reflect and remember their mothers. I would
say it was a huge success! I will attach pictures.

We had mission council on Friday! It was a wonderful experience. We
focused on Christlike attributes and how to overcome our weaknesses as
we draw closer to the savior. As we grow closer to the Lord we are
able to acknowledge our shortcoming and weaknesses so much more
because we are striving to become like him. That is most definitely
something I have come to learn on my mission is understanding many my
weaknesses and how I can utilize the atonement of Jesus Christ to
overcome them and strive to become more like the Savior. Sister Webber
and I will be teaching this week in zone training about the Role of
the Holy Ghost and how we can use the spirit to help strengthen our
own testimonies, but also the testimonies of those we teach as well. I
am praying it will help the missionaries in our zone become more
focused and prepared to teach the gospel!

Jess is progressing very well. On Thursday we had an incredible lesson
all about baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost. We have a lesson with
her tonight, I am so so excited. Jess is absolutely amazing and has
such a strong desire to learn about the gospel. It is such a wonderful
experience to be a part of helping someone to understand and gain a
testimony of the gospel. Carleen is on fire and is helping so many
strengthen their own conversion with her passion and love for the
gospel, she is working towards getting her temple recommend so we can
go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead with her. Sooooo happy!
Romeo blessed the sacrament for the first time on Sunday... It was
such a neat experience! He is also doing very well. It is so wonderful
to be a part of helping this individuals strengthen their testimonies.
It truly is all about enduring to the end. Baptism is just the key to
unlock the gate. We are all on the same journey back to live with out
Heavenly Father again. Classic missionary scripture... 2 nephi 31
17 Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that
your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they
been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should
enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism
by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the
Holy Ghost.

18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to
eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done
according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have
received the Holy Ghost, which witnesses of the Father and the Son,
unto the fulfilling of the promise which he hath made, that if ye
entered in by the way ye should receive.

I have such a strong testimony of these truths. We are all on our
journey and pathway home. Our responsibility is to help others along
the way. I love being a missionary. It's so hard yet so wonderful. I
am grateful for the strength I receive each day as I go forth in HIS
work. I love you mom, dad, Ethan, Abbie, and Emily! You are all so
amazing examples to me. Thank you for all of your love and support!!
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Xoxoxo

Love,
Sister Rachel Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment