Monday, August 8, 2016

South Side

Hello everyone!

Well. It's been a crazy week. Two exchanges. One mini missionary. And
a transfer. Yup, the dreaded day has come... I am leaving lakeshore!!
Saying goodbye to the city and headed to south side. That's right my
friends... The south side of Chicago. I will be in an area called
Chicago Heights. It is the suburbs of south of Chicago. I leave early
Tuesday morning and head down to meet my new companion! I am very
nervous... and really sad to leave sister Webber... But I know change
brings forth new  opportunities and allows room for growth.

I found a quote by Elder M Russell Ballard that I LOVE really stood
out to me this week. "You can never do more for the lord than he can
do for you. Whenever you serve the lord he blesses you. Weaknesses
become strengths, challenges become opportunities, trials become
triumphs, and adversity becomes an adventure in the service of the
Lord. " It is so very true, When we lose ourselves in the work of the
Lord we find ourselves. I am so grateful for this opportunity to
strengthen my relationship with the savior as I grow closer to him
through following the promptings of the spirit. I have a strong
testimony of the importance of sharing this gospel with others. Jesus
Christ lives. He is our savior. The Book of Mormon is the word of God.
This is the restored church of Jesus Christ here on earth today.
Even though I am scared and nervous for my new area... I know that as
I place my trust in The lord I will find peace and strength. I came
across the song "how firm a foundation" in my studies this morning.
“Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed, For I am thy God and
will still give thee aid. I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause
thee to stand,... Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.” As we
place our faith in Jesus Christ and build our foundation upon that
faith... We will be able to resist the temptations and overcome the
challenges and trials that we face!

Thank you for all of your love and support! Sorry it's been a crazy
day/week! I'll update you on the new area next week!

Love,
Sister Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment