Monday, August 24, 2015

CHICAGO!!

Hello there everyone! 

I apologize, the letter this week is going to be rather brief! I am limited on time today because I am spending the day touring the Windy City of Chicago!! I am very excited! I hope everyone is doing well and that all is going well back at home!! This week was wonderful and is filled with many stories that I am afraid I will not have time to share, however I will write as much as time allows!! 

This week we had sisters conference, which was absolutely amazing!  We talked a lot about how as missionaries it can many times feel overwhelming with all that we have to do and all of the expectations.. And how pretty much we feel as if we have to be PERFECT... Which is.... Kinda a lot of pressure, since it's not possible! However, I have come to recognize that God does not expect me to be a perfect missionary... He expects me to put forth a perfect effort so that he may perfect the work. So the mentality of "do your best and God will do the rest!" Ohhkay, so that's great... Now how am I supposed to do my best?! Well... I suppose that Is to try a little harder to be a little better each day. Because by small and simple things, great things come to pass (alma 37). And that is exactly what missionary work is... A lot of small and 
Simple things that add up to be great things and wonderful miracles! Until a couple weeks ago, I don't feel as if I truly recognized the need for me to be on a mission...not just to help other people, but also for myself. Now that sounds really selfish.. "I am on the mission for myself" but I can honestly and truly say I have learned and changed so much and I can tell that it is by the small little details of things that I am changing in my life.. . And I am able to gain a greater insight about who I am, and what my purpose is. I am a daughter of God! How powerful is that statement? Now how do I live up to that truth? Striving each and every day to become more worthy to live with him again someday!  And SERVING HIM DILIGENTLY AS A MISSIONARY!! Now I desire to become not the missionary that I think I should become...but rather the missionary he NEEDS me to become. Annnd. We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. It's not just an overnight change... It requires constant effort each day... And in reality you become your thoughts! Our potential is great if we focus our thoughts and actions on following the Savior Jesus Christ.  

So quick update for Buffalo Grove! Maddy is now getting baptized on September 4th! Yay!! Very excited and looking forward to that! She is such a sweetheart and I love her so much!! I am so happy for her and her decision to be baptized!! (: We were unable to meet with Jenkins this week because he was out of town for business, however we are scheduled to meet next week! Hmmmm... What else? We met with a woman named Diane this week... She has been investigating the church for quite some time now, she knows the Book of Mormon is true, and she knows she wants to get baptized, the hard part is she isn't ready to pick a date yet. Frustrating.... But you can't drag people to baptism... All you can do is invite. We have an AWESOME contact we made last Monday that we are going to meet with tonight at 7! I am so excited! Her name is Mary Conley, she has definitely been prepared by the hand of the Lord. We have been working ALOT with recent converts and less actives and getting to know the ward! I am growing to LOVE the ward and feel as if they are family! 

So transfers are next week. Super nervous... But I know wherever the lord needs me to be. That's where I will be be. I truly have a testimony that the lords hand is very involved in missionary work! For this is his work and his glory!!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!! Wish my luck in my city adventure today!! CHICAGO HERE I COME!!!!! (: (: 

Thank you for all of your support!! 


Love, 
Sister Parke 

No comments:

Post a Comment